1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Creating a Network Bootdisk for an Intel Pro /100 Embedded NIC

Discussion in 'Networking' started by VENKAT444, Oct 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. VENKAT444

VENKAT444 Thread Starter

Hi
    We use Symantec Ghost software for deploying PC's. I tried to make a Network Boot disk for a PC which has a Intel Pro /100 Embedded Network Interface Card from the Utility provided by Symantec Ghost. It looks like it only caters for the NIC which is installed seperately. When I boot with the disk which was created by Symantec Ghost utilities it comes up with an error telling that no NIC was found or the PC does not support PCI. Could anyone explain me how I could acheive the same.

2. Rockn

Rockn

There should be a command line switch to ignore the NIC type. Look in the help for command line startup switches.

3. Monstrous Mi

Monstrous Mi

Your most likely problem is you do not have the correct driver for you NIC card. You may have to search the Internet for a DOS driver for your NIC card.

In my experience, you should pay attention to all of the details describing the EXACT model of NIC you have because I have found NIC drivers to be very exact and not interchangable, even when the models are close.

This page from Intel may help: http://www.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/21397.htm

Like I was saying, do you sell all the different flavours of Intel Pro 100?

4. gsbham

gsbham

Your opening up a whole world of hurt here. LOL. All kidding aside, you might try a program called Modboot. I use it to create Drive Image files in dos mode across the network. The program comes with a variety of DOS NIC drivers. If you use it, be sure to turn off plug n' play OS in the BIOS of the client PC in question. I currently use it to back up PC's undergoing OS upgrades. Good luck bro.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/100537