1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Creating a Playlist on a thumbdrive.

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Oleander87, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Oleander87

Oleander87 Thread Starter

Mar 11, 2018
    I've created a music playlist as a gift, consisting of mp3 downloads. I want to have the playlist exported from a PC windows 7, to a thumb/flash drive so that the person I'm giving it to can insert the thumb drive to his android phone and have it play automatically.

I already found out that in order to do this, I must create an m3u file, otherwise the the thumb drive will simply file and play the songs alphabetically, rather chronologically as they're arranged in the playlist.

How do I do this? I googled the process extensively and attempted it myself but failed. I created an m3u file of the playlist, and transferred that, along with the mp3 songs onto the thumb drive, however it doesn't play when I insert the drive into my phone (Samsung 7) unless I click on each song. I want it to either play automatically, or play the entire playlist after clicking "play."

I need step by step instructions from start to end in layman terms. It's for my boyfriend of over 2 years who is in the hospital receiving chemo treatments. So I'm desperate to get this to work.

Thank you so much.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!