1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

creating a playlist that plays on computer and iPad

Discussion in 'Apple Mobile Devices' started by bj nick, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

I want to create a simple playlist on the computer, then access it on my iPad. I created the playlist on my computer, then opened "Music" on my iPad, and I see the name of the list....but when I click on it, it says "no songs." Can someone just walk me through this? I know it should be super simple. I confess I detest iTunes; I find it totally obtuse and non-intuitive. Any help appreciated!

2. xpuser35776

xpuser35776

Going by my I pod touch I could not Place mp3`s on it unless it was thru I tunes, MP 4 is format for I tunes.

3. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Thanks for that. I'm so confused with Itunes in general....on my iPad I have "music," "App store" and "iTunes store"......which of these do I use?? I was trying to use "Music," but that's the one where none of the songs will show up....I cannot figure out how to create a simple playlist just on the iPad.....which of these is ITUNES that I use to create a simple playlist that I can use??

As far as mp3's, I don't understand....when I made the playlist on the computer, they're all mp3's and the list was created easily.... ANY GUIDANCE appreciated.

4. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

You can create the playlist on the computer in iTunes and sync it to the iPad. Or, you should be able to create a playlist on the iPad which will then sync to the computer in iTunes.

5. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

Thanks for responding. Let me be really clear: I wish I could do this without iTunes: just play some tunes in a list on the iPad.

I have no clue how to find my way around iTunes.....it is entirely non-intuitive to me. I can't find sync, I can't find "summary," I can't figure out how to create a simple playlist which should show up on my iPad...I can't find ANYTHING. I open up iTunes on the computer and it's just nothing but a mess of confusion. If someone could please just direct me through the following:

1) create a simple playlist (I thought I'd done that.)

2) how to make sure I'm syncing properly (My desktop is hardwired to the modem; I use the wi-fi for the iPad and phone.) Therefore I plug in the iPad via USB.

3) How to make sure the playlist shows up on the iPad.

Can someone hold my hand a little and give me a left right left.....? I would really appreciate it.

6. xpuser35776

xpuser35776

Going by my I tunes. I purchased music from I tunes store which goes to a library on your computer. I hook up I pod, I tunes see`s it and shows my Ipod with library I ask it to load I pod loaded all is good.

7. TonyB25

TonyB25 Banned

You can't sync without iTunes.

I can't follow what you're trying to do or don't understand. Creating a playlist in iTunes is really simple. Then connect your iPad and select that playlist to sync. The songs and the playlist will be synced to your iPad.

8. xpuser35776

xpuser35776

I agree you have to go thru I tunes for music to sync to.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1146446

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice