1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Creating A Report In Excel Using VB6

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by The Great One, Dec 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. The Great One

The Great One Thread Starter

Basically what I want to do is select a criteria in Visual Basic from a list of fields (from a MDB), and then export the data into Excel.

Only things I must be able to do is allow my users to customise my searches and have the report create themselves automatically.

:rolleyes:

2. Rockn

Rockn

So you are using Access and Excel? Just make a form in Access that has a pulldown list for the set criteria and create a button that will run the report and copy it to Excel. Not sure of the exact coding, but there should be a sample in the help.

3. The Great One

I am Using MS Access 97 to store the data.

I am Using VB6 As The Front End

I am Using Exccel 97 To Develope The Reports:rolleyes:

4. Rockn

Rockn

Why not use VB or just Access to do all of the above? Seems like a pain and a waste of client resources to use 3 apps when one will do the job.

5. The Great One

Front End VB Is Better Then Access

Access For The Data Storage

Excel So My Clients Can Manipulate the data once report is created.

6. downwitchyobadself

downwitchyobadself

Well, if a VB front end is that much "better" than Access (I'm unconvinced), you ought to at least be able to build a query on the Access back end, create a link from it in Excel (read this humble Access/Excel thread to see how to set up Excel to find out about reading an Access query in Excel), and let you "manipulate" that.

Rockn is right. The place to manipulate data as Excel does it is in Excel, Great One, not in VB.

7. The Great One

If I am using a VB front End How do I change the criteria in which I am filtering within the Access Query? I need to be able to set the criteria in VB and have the system change this criteria in the Access Query!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60765

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice