1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Creating a Restore Point & Windows XP Explorer Windows closing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gspeece, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gspeece

gspeece Thread Starter

:eek: I have several protective programs running..
    like "Adware, Fix It 5,SpywareStopper"
    but I haven't found any viruses...

When I run SpyBot, it comes up with about 23-25 entries AND I stall when I get to create a restore point. After a lon---g period of time the (not responding)
    goes on.

Another problem is that WinRAR opens but closes unexpectedly...

Are these problems possibly related or do I have different issues???

Thanks for any help!

2. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

http://forums.techguy.org/t110854.html Follow this link to Rollin Rog Security Tools It is hard to tell from your report exactly what spy ware programs you are running . Scroll down the page to Parasitic , Download Ad-Aware SE , Spy Bot Search and Destroy , Spy Ware Blaster . Setup and update according to the tutourials. Go to Panda Active Scan or other online virus scanner and run a scan . If you do not have an anti virus program aboard go to Grisoft AVG and download the personal free edition . Use these programs only for now and shut down any other spyware / malware programs you mayhave running . After using the programs from Rollin Rog Security Tools come back and let us know how things are now running .

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!