1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Creating a sign up form on a facebook prage

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by DM94, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DM94

DM94 Thread Starter

Jul 18, 2012
    Hi there.

Firstly sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I was just wondering if anyone knows how to effectively put a sign up form onto a facebook page tab for datacollection. And would it be possible to explain where the information goes to so I am able to use their contact details to send information back to them.

Thank you
  2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Dec 9, 2004
    A "sign-up form" for what? You can't insert your own web page code into a Facebook site. If you want to create your own website completely separate from Facebook, you can do whatever you want. I suggest you hire a professional web developer.
  3. Hermielle

Jul 19, 2012
    Do you mean a newsletter signup form, or another type of subscription? If so, it's very easy to create and embed a form like that using 123ContactForm application for Facebook - you can create the form on their main site (it takes just minutes) and then use the FB application to create a new tab onto your page and publish the form.

The data users enter will be emailed to you, at the address of your choice (make sure you've entered it in your form's settings wizard). Subsequently, the data gets stored into a dedicated repository of your account.

Hope this helps!
  4. allnodcoms

allnodcoms It's My Birthday!

Jun 30, 2007
    Good answer... (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061559