creating a special boot disk for xp

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

8-bit machine

I would like to create a disk so that when my computer is booting up it will not proceed unless a particular disk is in the computer. Example: your computer will not start unless it has "thumb drive x" plugged in.

I seen this done on a movie a long time ago. The guy started the computer but it wouldnt do anything because it didn't have "the disk" in the computer.

I've look online but can seem to find anything at all. I would like to do this with the computer in my dorm room. Could someone tell me if this is even possible or point me in the right direction?

i am running Windows XP SP2

8-bit machine

Almost what i'm looking for.. I don't even want the person to get to the Windows login screen. If they start up the computer and it does not detect "USb drive X" it wont go any further than the boot screen (the inital boot screen before windows).

It could also be like a floppy disk or something, dosent have to be a "USB drive".

I hope this is a bit more clear.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online