1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Creating an Access Database

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ladymemi, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ladymemi

ladymemi Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,

I have a couple of questions that I hope someone can help me on with Access. I am shall we say "very beginner"!!!! I think I did ok for the small stuff but there are a few problems that I'm having, also I have a few questions for some other tables, forms & reports that I would like to create

[Question 1] on the form I keep getting this error message when I use the switchboard to use this form.
    "The field 'project information.Project Name' can not contain a NULL value because the Required property for this filed is set to True. Enter a value in to this filed".
    I have cheeked everywhere I know to find it but I do not see it anywhere.
    If I just enter it the information in the spreadsheet it will do fine, but it won't let me use the form.

[Question 2]can you send an email to alert someone from access, I want to set up a form for ordering & if there is something that we do not have I want to be able to send an email to the person responsible for that product to let them know we need it?

[Question 3] is there somewhere I can get live help with Access database to help me through this?

Thanks in advance for your help.:p

2. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

In answer to your questions
    1. The Required Property is set in the Table, so that project information.Project Name Field on the Form must have an entry made. So check that it is on the Form and try entering a value in it. I never use Switchboards, I prefer Simple Form with Command Buttons.
    2. Yes
    3. Yes
    Me.

3. ladymemi

ladymemi Thread Starter

OK, I figured out that problme by changing the "Required Fileds, but now I have this message

" One or more values are prohibited by the balidation rule 'False' set for 'Project Information'. Enter a value that the experssion for this field can accept"

4. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

That Field has a Validation rule set either in the Table or on the Form, remove that validation rule.

5. ladymemi

ladymemi Thread Starter

But the reason I am doing the switchboard is so that my co-workers can just go straight to what they need to & enter the info. It’s easier for them whom are not too computer savvy, so to speak, which I must say neither am I with this program. LOL

But be prepared for a lot of questions I’m going to be throwing at your way if you can help me with this. Because I am using this problem as a learning tool for this program & I want to be able to understand most of what the problem is with it so I won’t run in to this again.
    ;-)

6. ladymemi

ladymemi Thread Starter

I did not see a Validation rule in either the table or the form????

7. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Can you post a zipped copy of the Database in Access 2000-2003 format?

Can you open the Form and use it OK without using the Switchboard?

I replace the Microsoft Access Switchboard with a "Main Menu" (Switchboard) Form which uses a normal Form instead of the Access version, so the functionality is the same.

If you wish me to help you develop the database we can do that part by email if you like.

8. ladymemi

ladymemi Thread Starter

9. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

I have Private Mailed you my email address.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/876692

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice