Creating an active PDF link within an Acrobat Reader PDF doc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jim73

I am the editor of a newsletter for an organization and use Publisher 2016 to create the newsletter and Adobe PDF to distribute to our members. I would like to embed an active icon link that will open within the PDF version. I can make it happen within Publisher, but it doesn't open in the PDF version. Can this be accomplished without having a copy of Adobe Acrobat, but only Adobe Reader? I can't cost justify the price of Adobe Acrobat.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
What program are you using to make this PDF?

Adobe Reader is just that, a reader.

Jim73

As I stated in my query, I use Publisher 2016 and save it s a PDF. I often do this with hyperlinks and thought that maybe it would work for an embedded PDF icon. I am well aware that Reader means just that.

Jim73

I am not trying to add a hyperlink. I have added the ones I need and they work in Adobe Reader. What I am trying to do is add a hot PDF icon in Publisher that will also be hot in Adobe Reader like my hyperlinks. The PDF I want to use is not connected to a web page, but is just a single page PDF document.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts