1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Creating an ISO

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by GreyGuy, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GreyGuy

GreyGuy Thread Starter

Hey kids...

I've been given a thumb drive to use as a Ghost Boot disk. It works great for the machines that will boot from USB. However, 75% of my machines are 6+ years old and will not boot from the USB. AND being a lowly Kumpwter Suport Teck :( I do not get access to the Ghost server itself. Meaning I cannot create my own boot disks. (I just love bureaucracy!) Anyone have a good FREE ISO creator?

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

What's wrong with asking the administrator to make you a boot cd? Takes all of a few minutes.

3. GreyGuy

GreyGuy Thread Starter

His advice was take the HD out of the old PC... put it in a newer PC... image it... then put it back in the old PC. I thought it would be easier this way. AND a good ISO burner is always handy to have around.

4. Squashman

His answer is unacceptable in my opinion. You need to go to the person who writes his check and tell him you can't do your job efficiently because he is too lazy to do something for you.

5. Squashman

Most Cd Burning applications have the ability to make a cd it is burning bootable. Nero can do it and so can CDburnerXP. You should be able to take the files from the USB stick and make a cd out of them and make the disc bootable.

Here is the faq on how to do it with CDBurnerXP.
    http://www.cdburnerxp.se/help/Data/bootdisc

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/907462

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice