1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

creating another "drive"

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by alienadam, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alienadam

alienadam Thread Starter

Hey im not sure where to post this.... But i have a question about how to create another drive. Like i have a C and D drive but i want to put my music on a special disk so that i can keep moms drive smaller.
    thanks in advanse

2. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Sounds like you want another partition. You can do this using softwares like Partition Magic, that won't affect the files/data/software/etc. currently on your hard drive. The problem is that, should anything go wrong, you would end up with more problems than it's worth.

What do you use the D drive for (assuming it's another hard drive or existing partition)? What about creating a MomsMusic folder right in there, a shortcut on the desktop for her...that would move the files off the C drive and open up space.

How tight is space on C:? Also, do you have a CD burner? You could burn her music to CD's (a CD can hold 120+ songs as mp3's)....

Hope this helps,

MBN

3. alienadam

alienadam Thread Starter

i could pu them on disk but i listen to a lot of them too... i have some of them onm disks.. i am not hurting for disk space or anything i still have like 19 gigs to play with i was just oing to make a special place to put the music because she is kinda picky about her space she thinks having an excess of files like that will slow this thing down a lot.... just trying to make her happy but i odnt want any problems with this thing.. thanks for the help though.....

4. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Just put them in a folder, creating a separate partition isn't going to speed anything up.

5. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

If D is, in fact, your CD drive and not another partition, then keep in mind that if you ever get some spare change, you could pick up another hard drive and pop it right in. It isn't very difficult, it would give you the second drive for file storage, and you could also move personal files from C over to the new drive, opening up even more space on C.

Good luck,

MBN

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222358

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice