Creating Frames in Dreamweaver

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

truthstar

I have a design I made in PS and what I want to do is create a frame in the middle for my links to open in. Currently I have the whole thing sliced up button for button and the center area I want as the frame. I have saved the entire thing as html and have it open in Dreamweaver but do not know what to do about making the frame, so that I can point my links to open in it.

Thanks!

Export it as an html document (images and html) and open it in Dreamweaver.

You can then delete the image that is in the center area (where your content goes) and put an iFrame in it, with a defined name= attribute.
Code:
<iFrame frameborder="0"
             height="400" [COLOR="Red"][B]name="content"[/B][/COLOR] scrolling="Yes" src="page_you_want_to_display_in_here.htm" width="500"></iframe>
Each link will call that area, like a target="content"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online