Creating Invoice sheets in Access

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Omega_Shadow

OK, here is the problem:

I am trying to create an automated Invoice/Packslip maker in Access for my work. I got all of it ready exept for one vital part: the listing of all the items being shipped. I cant seem to wrap my head around it. I dont want to put this information into a seperate database if I dont have to.

Basicaly I need five feilds that can be repeated over and over with at least two of the feilds being summed (like an excel spreadsheet) inside a record to list the items. I dont know how to even begin. Any suggestions?

OBP

I have a database that issues invoices to a couple of dozen customers every month that does what you want. It uses VB to Loop through the records a "pull out" the ones requiring an invoice, prints them and also stores a "Snapshot" of the Invoice for future records.

OBP

Neil, good to here from you, a happy, healthy and prosperous new year to you too. You should know all that database, want to tell this guy about it? I just knew that work I did for you would come in handy and boy it sure has over the last few months.

Omega_Shadow

Thanx guys. These invoices are for items being returned to companies, also called "Debit Memos". Would your database- with some tweaks -be able to be used for this?

Sounds like yours is completely automated and creates the invoice automatically as the order comes in. I know I said automated, I guess I am looking for a different word... like not having to hand write 20+ invoices :p. Thanx alot for the input and I look forward to looking at your database.

OBP

The database has a form that accepts a start and finish date and processes all "orders" betwen those dates. A command button click prints out all the invoices. Is your data in a Table?

Omega Shadow

I can highly recommend OBP's databases. About a year ago, he offered to create one for me from scratch. The program now runs my business more or less from start to finish. The part that you're interested in (invoicing) is superb. At the click of a single button it produces a detailed invoice for each customer. I can also produce custom invoices simply and quickly. There are too many other features to catalogue here - put simply it does everything that I could wish for, and more!

Cheers

Neil

Omega_Shadow

Yes and no. The invoice itself is the data. I need to manually input the info (such as the items being returned and cost prices) and then print out 2 copies and save the complete invoice in the database. That way we have a digital copy to go back to.

My store is currently handwriting everything. While I have operational control over returns I want to change that a bit and make it so I can sit down at the computer once and get all the returns finished in a small amount of time.

I have a database of companies that we return to most often with important information about them so that I can pick a company from a drop down box and most of the info is already filled in to the invoice. That way all I have to do is enter the items going back. I also have a database of UPS shipping zones and costs so that all I have to do is enter the weight and it will calculate the shipping cost and add it to the invoice. Just thought of another problem: in the case of multiple boxes I would need to have their shipping cost calculated separately.... Anyway, more later. Got to finish up my tasks for today.

OBP

I would think the best place for the invoice table/query/form/report would be in your current "Companies" database rather have yet another database that you would have to link to it.

Omega_Shadow

Sorry. lots of stuff happening lately. Along with working out this problem I am also dealing with the current returns and checking in the incoming stock. Not to metion I have an upgrade I am doing too.

Give me about 3 days for everything to calm down again so I can continue work on this project.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online