1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Creating monthly report button on switchboard in access 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by natters12, Apr 18, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. natters12

natters12 Thread Starter

Hi. I have created a very simple 2 table, 2 form database for storing 1. client data and 2. other activities for a small not for profit. I need non tech savvy staff around the country to be able to run a monthly report for the previous month for head office stats. Ideally a push button from the switchboard without the need to enter any criteria. I have successfully created a query for each form which pulls data from the last 30 days, and a macro to display this on the switchboard. But not all months have 30 days, and I do not need all fields from the form to be on the monthly report. I then tried to create a filtered field report from the query, and had success designing my report and excluding the fields that were not needed. But the date criteria do not carry through, and the report just pulls out all data in the database. So I need my filtered field report with filtered dates to always pull from the last calendar month. Please help!

2. natters12

natters12 Thread Starter

I will just add that our ideal would be to have all databases on a server, each staff member having password only access to their region's database, and at the push of a button each month all data to transfer to a central database accessed by national office staff. I have used file maker databases with this set up before and it works really well, but for now and for my tech ability I think the monthly report is the way to go.

3. Chawbacon

Chawbacon

First Name:
    Jack
    Hello Natters12,

I typically pull this type of information by adding criteria to the WHERE CONDITION within your button MACRO (under the OpenReport options).

For example you could use [YourTable]![YourDateFieldName] Between DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date())-1,1) and DateSerial(Year(Date()), Month(Date()),0)

I hope this helps,

4. ronaledsmith

ronaledsmith

First Name:
    Ronaled
    It's awesome to save the time.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225942

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice