Creating MP3 files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

theMusicMan

Hi

Can anyone advise me as to which prog I should look at for creating MP3 files - free, sharware or commercially available - I don't mind looking at either.

I have a Korg Karma Synthesiser which can create some fantastic effects and I am able to record this into my PC as .wav files or directly into my Hi-Fi onto Mag Tape.

My son also has E-Jay which he can create .wav files, but not MP3.

We both however wish to create MP3 files from the files we create - any ideas???

Thanks

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
One of the best MP3 creation utilities is also one of the free ones, LAME. Drop in to LAME and follow your nose. It's a command line utility, and I use Razor Lame with it to provide the GUI. Together, these two are a fine and free MP3 encoding solution. :)

I've been using CDex and the Radium codec, both are free. Look around on Google if you want to try them...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online