1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

creating recovery media disks

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by nitris31, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nitris31

nitris31 Thread Starter

Hi there,

I'm trying to create bootable recovery disks. I use Acronis True image as the imaging utility and now want to create a bootable disk which automatically starts the re-imaging process once I boot off the CD. I know this can be done with Ghost image files but would like to know the CD creation process for Acronis images. I know Nero can create bootable disks but its getting it to work with the Acronis image file of my HDD thats got me stumped. Thanks

2. quisutdeus9

quisutdeus9

Which version of Acronis do you use? 1...If you purchased the cd you can boot rght off the cd 2...You wish to create a true boot disk or an iso.....3....If a boot disk which operating system do you use? If you are making a boot disk create the boot for whichever OS you're using then try adding looking for the the command which starts the re-imaging process and adding to the boot within an ini file. I'm not sure but you want to have the media builder run on boot?

3. nitris31

nitris31 Thread Starter

Hi Thanks for the reply.The OS is always XP professional. I have one .tib file and I want to add both it and the bootable information to the one disk. When I insert this disk and force the machine to boot from it I then want it to grab that .tib file and automaically start applying it to the HDD. There is a method to do it with .gho images (which would be great to know also...I have done it once before a couple of years ago but have since lost the boot disk to apply with the .gho image...have not been able to replicate since!) but would like to know if Acronis images can be used in creating bootable recovery disks also. If anyone knows a proven method of doing this even with ghost that would be suffice too. Thanks!

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you use Acronis True Image 10, they have the option of putting either True Image full or the One-Click restore on the first CD/DVD of the backup disks.

5. quisutdeus9

quisutdeus9

When you create the boot disk is there anyway you can create a batchfile but in an ini that graps the .tib automatically..........thats the only way I can think of doing something like this. Have that INI run in the bookdisk. See where I'm heading with this?

6. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

When you step through the wizard to create the CD/DVD backup, you'll get an option to include the boot files on the first disk. This is for TI Home version 10, I don't see it with the workstation 9.1 that's on this system.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/568441

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice