1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Creating slide show using my photos

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by bmclarty, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bmclarty

bmclarty Thread Starter

I am an old geezer coming up on 90 years. I want to use the many slides I have of our children from the time they were born as much as 60 years ago. I have been successful making shows using some programs on my computer, but when I try to make copies of the disk using NERO, I am informed that my disk cannot be duplicated because it is copyrighted. My pictures, my slides but copyrighted. I want to make a simple slideshow with no music, no audio, and no fancy decorations. Any help would be most welcomed. Thanks,
    Barney E. McLarty
    Calhoun GA
    [email protected]

2. xgerryx

xgerryx

Try "irfanview". It makes a really good standalone slideshow with no frills and does quite a bit more as well. Plus its free.

Download from here:
    http://www.irfanview.com/

3. bmclarty

bmclarty Thread Starter

Gerry, I looked at your home page today. What a beautiful job. My relatives who have been to New Zealand are enthusiastic in describing its spectacular beauty. My sister-in-law who is a world traveller (now 98 years old) thinks it is the greatest. She longs to come back, but we discourage that even thouigh she is sharp as a tack, lives alone, and drives her own car. Cordially, Barney. [email protected]

4. xgerryx

xgerryx

Thank you for your comments Barney. Its a bit of a toy website really but it has been fun to build and a good way to share photos with friends and family.

Just a note Barney:
    Its not advisable to post your email address in an open forum like this as it can attract spam etc.
    Probably best to click the edit button and remove.

5. hewee

hewee

You should never post your email address because spambots will pick it up and your gets lots and lots of spam.

6. Polly1016

Polly1016

Hi Barney,

I don't have a suggestion for you ... just a "Congrats"! You've taken 60+ years of photos, slides, etc. and managed to make shows with some of your computer programs??? You're amazing!!! Keep up the good work.

Have you tried to use a different program to burn your CD's? Good Luck. Let us know if you find a solution.

7. tohm

tohm

8. Polly1016

Polly1016

Barney,
    I've been thinking about your question. Do you mean that you already have a CD that contains all of the pictures that your want ... now you just want to make copies of it and you can't because you're getting an error message about it having a copyright?

Let us know.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!