Creating Suse 10.1 Linux Server? Help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

HorrorFreak

Hi all,

I'm currently studying a certificate in Linux/Unix and I have to compile a report that requires me to "select the hardware and software components to build a Suse 10.1 Linux Server to run as a domain server to support 100 connections from Windows Vista/7 workstations. The hardware and software of the server can not exceed $5000".

Basically I'm studying the course remotely and by correspondence so I'm teaching myself, which makes it very difficult.

I'm to:

1. List the hardware and software components and detail the models and brand names for the server.

2. Explain to confirm the compatability for the combination of motherboard and O/S, processor and motherboard, network card and SUSe operating system, SATA II hard disks and motherboard.

3. List version and name of server application and explain why the application can support 100 Vista/7 workstations.

4. Name version and type of software to use on Windows Vista/7 workstations in order to connect to the server and briefly explain config steps.

5. Prepare cost summary for the Linux server application and client access (Vista/7) licences.

I'm just putting this out there in case any of you may be able to help me or lead me in the right direction. I'm assuming for some this understanding may be relativiely easy, but for myself it is quite confusing.:(

Any help would be much appreciated. I've also posted this in Linux section of the board.

Thank you for you time and help.:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online