1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Creating template

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by columbo, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. columbo

columbo Thread Starter

Hi Everybody,

Does anybody know how to create a template in Outlook Express? I know that Netscape Messenger had this option. Basically, I just need to have a copy of a message that I created, that I can call up any time and change the recipients, and then send. I've tried saving a copy of the e-mail in drafts, but when I call it up, it ends up sending my only copy (the one residing in my Drafts folder).

:confused:

I'd appreciate any help.
    Thanks,

Columbo

2. columbo

columbo Thread Starter

Sorry! :eek:

I figured out a way to do it, and I tried to delete this post but it wouldn't let me.

:rolleyes:

Columbo

3. jbcalg

jbcalg

so tell!
    what's your method

4. columbo

columbo Thread Starter

Sorry,

Maybe I should share. :p

I didn't find a way to create or access a template within Outlook Express. What I did is just create a message, then saved it to my desktop. Now it's sitting on my desktop as *.eml. This way, I can just double-click it, and it opens right up. Then I just throw in the recipient's addresses, and hit send. It sends a copy of the message, without removing the message from my desktop.
    I know that this is pretty simple, but hey, whatever works, right?

:)

5. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Thats the only way in OE... "save as" the message to a file folder or desktop.

Savvy :)

6. hewee

hewee

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61520

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice