Creating Webpage in MS Word

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

zahrav

i want to add an mp3 file to a webpage that i have created with microsoft word.
when i go to the web toolbar and select to add a sound - i get the following alert:
This object was created in HTMLInLineSoundCtl. This application is not available to open this object. Make sure that this application is properly installed.

no idea why im getting this...ne clues?

According to the microsoft website:

This behavior may occur after you install Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). The security enhancements of Windows XP SP2 conflict with some Web form controls. Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Here is the official link: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=886299

I didn't see anything in regard to a resolution, just that it is a problem that they acknowledge. You might consider switching to an editor such as DreamWeaver or 1stPage2000 (which is free).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online