1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Creative Cd1220e: "Device not Ready"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wh00t, Feb 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wh00t

wh00t Thread Starter

Hello, my problem is that my CD-ROM drive (CREATIVE CD1220E) is recognized by Belarc Advisor on my system, however whenever I click on the CD-ROM drive I get the "Drive is not ready".

Someone suggested I boot into Safe Mode, delete my CD-ROM from the System menu in the Control Panel, and reboot, which I did. Windows 95 installed the correct driver again but no luck, I get that error again.

Yes, I've tried different CD and am putting them in correctly (come on.. :).

Thanks!

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

This may be a silly question, and without researching, and only because you mention Windows 95, and I had a cdrom similar, does it connect to the soundcard per chance?

As an added thought, that is an older drive.....may be on its way out.......can you try reading a disk in dos mode........

3. wh00t

wh00t Thread Starter

As a matter of fact, I think this drive can be connected to the sound card. However, I think right now it's connected to the motherboard. Maybe that's causing the problem?

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Have you lately changed the connections then?

Is it on the same cable with the hard drive? If so, it should be jumpered as slave......if Belarc is picking it up though, I would lean towards the drive lens being dirty, or the drive needing to be replaced.

Can you access it from dos?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117733

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice