1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Creative Fatal1ty headset not registering

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ozyallstar, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ozyallstar

Ozyallstar Thread Starter

On my windows xp pc when i plug my new fatality headset into the audio and mic jacks in the front of the pc the computer does not register the input. The audio works fine and I can use them as a traditional headset but I'm having trouble using the microphone since if I go to the audio settings in the control panel its as if it hasn't been put in at all...
    Please help!
    thankyou all in advance :)

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    is the mic muted ? you need to go through quite a few settings to get to the mic mute ?

3. Ozyallstar

No, the microphone switch on the hardware is on as well as the volume in the settings. However when i go into 'sounds speech and audio settings' under sound recording device the only option I have is 'sigmatel Audio'

4. Ozyallstar

Ok so there has been a new development, now my mic works... but not as you would expect. The computer doesnt recognise its existence still, however I can talk into the mic and it will play it through the speakers for whatever reason. Please Help!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082363

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice