1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Creative Modem: Stops data transfer OFTEN

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Akito, Sep 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akito

Akito Thread Starter

Creative Modemblaster external DE5621
    Latest drivers & firmware

Problems:
    After running the modem for maybe an hour or so, data transfer stops. I can no longer upload or download. I also cannot ping. However, the line that I connect through is still busy, and windows XP still reports the modem as being connected.

Any ideas?

2. gracie34

gracie34

I don't know why I didn't see this post before I posted my problem (see "winsock problem?" by me, gracie34). Just curious, did you get your straightened out? I have the exact same modem with the exact same problem.

3. Akito

Akito Thread Starter

Yeah, I did get it figured out. I bought a hardware firewall - and hooked the modem up to it. Windows was the problem. Go figure, eh?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165164

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice