1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Creative Soundblaster 5.1 Problem???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kitch69, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kitch69

kitch69 Thread Starter

I just bought a Soundblaster 5.1 sound card and some 5.1 Labtec speakers, When I follow the instructions and set everything up i can only ger subwooffer, back speaks and front speakers working. CANT GET CENTER SPEAKER TO WORK!! I know it works because I tried it on the other port but the port for center spekaer to comp doesnt seem to respond. It seems to be at the comps end where the rob is. PLEASE HELP.

2. Dre0745

Dre0745

Hi... well try this and tell me if that works
    go to my computer->control panel->sounds and audio
    on the volume tab go to "advance" in "speakers settings".
    Once there under the "speakers" tab in "speakers setup" choose "5.1 surround sound speakers" and see how that works (y) :D
    Bye

Dre0745

3. kitch69

kitch69 Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice Dre but Ive already tried that and it still wont work? Looks like Im gonna have to have 5.0 surround sound... :eek:

4. brite750

brite750

Maybe card is bad??

5. kitch69

kitch69 Thread Starter

I was just thinking that it could be that my Labtec speakers that are not compatible with my sound card?

6. Dre0745

Dre0745

I agree with brite750, I'd say that the card is bad too... I don't think a speaker can't be compatible with a sound card since speakers just do what they receive (sound), so it's maybe the card the one that is failing... or at least the part for the front speakers...:-D... mmm, I don't really know what else to tell you, maybe someone else has another idea. Did the soundblaster came with any software, drivers? did you install them correctly? :-D

7. tdi_veedub

tdi_veedub

Make sure that you have the "AC/3" decode feature turned on. do the following:

Open up your creative sound mixer
    click speakers
    make sure digital output only is unchecked
    click settings
    make sure "AC/3 Decode" is checked
    make sure the "Center speaker volume" slider is all the way up
    close the settings
    make sure the speakers are set to 5.1
    That should work.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269787

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice