1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Creative Webcam Not Working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by donsor, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. donsor

donsor Thread Starter

I connected my Creative Livecam Socialize HD(VF0610) to my new PC but I can't get it to work. It worked in another PC the only difference is the previous PC has WinXP while the new one has Win7 Ultimate. The Device Manager show it connected and working properly but when I click on the icon nothing happens. I tried to contact Creative Support but thus far no answer. Could it be that the device is not compatible with the Win7 OS?

2. dai

dai

3. donsor

donsor Thread Starter

I've already reinstalled the driver but the report said that I already have the latest driver. I don't know about the application and what it does but the file is about 350M long so I downloaded it but did not install until I find out what it does.

4. dai

dai

it is the s/ware that enables you to use the camera

5. donsor

donsor Thread Starter

The application listed was for the Livecam Central. However there was a "Firmware" for the Livecam Socialize which I downloaded but did seem to do any good.

6. dai

dai

7. donsor

donsor Thread Starter

I decided to load the application, all 358 Megs although it stated that it was for the Livecam Central 2 cameras but again it also listed that it is applicable for all Livecam cameras plus it listed the applicable OS, Win7 64 Bit as one of them. So its working now and thanks for you guys patient. I'll mark this as solved.

8. dai

dai

glad it sorted it for you

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice