Creative X-FI/Vista HELL!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

staticbyte

Ok so this is the second time ive done a fesh install of vista. Setting up all my drivers etc, i come to reboot after installing the creative x-fi drivers. I get a blue screen on start up. I restart my machine and choose last good known settings (probly how ive effed it up). The drivers arent installed but i cant run the creative drivers installer.

I get an error message saying, It appears you have previously installed drivers without rebooting. Please reboot and try again.

Tried that, didnt work. Used CC Cleaner, driver cleaner pro and eusing registry cleaner. Removed the cthelper thing from startup, no joy.

First time i installed vista i eventually got the drivers to install but i cant remember how. Im pretty sure i used windows to install its own driver from the web, and thats fine except i dont have the creative audio console, eax n all the bells and whistles for my games.

So i installed them, and tried removing again, with all the cleaning programs. NOTHING. Same error message appears, ive tried restarting in safe mode, cleaning and running the installer. argh!!!!

Im getting extremely frustrated with this now.
Would switching the card to a different pci slot make any difference.
Its a Creative X-FI XtremeMusic card.

Thanks in advance guys.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online