1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Credentials management server?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Meto, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meto

Meto Thread Starter

Good morning to you all,

I've bought a new HP notebook with Windows Vista business edition and I have faced a problem, which is not exactly critical but it will be good if I can fix it.

Here is the situation. We have running active directory over a Server 2003. I'm a domain member and I'd joined the notebook onto the domain. The first two months everything was just fine, but since the past week, when I try to log on Vista says the following :
    You cannot log on, because the Credential Management Server doesn't work properly or it is not installed on the target server. (this is not the exact text but it is with the same meaning).

After that I need to click on the log on Wizard button and I to mark the 'Do not use Credential Management Server' option.

What I need is to turn off this Credential Management, because on the domain controler there is no CMS installed and this is just freaking me out. Can someone help me with this?
    I have read some articles but I couldn't find anything useful about my problem.

Thanks in advance

Meto

2. cschweer

cschweer

I'm having the same problem on two laptops for my company and would appreciate any info from someone smarter than I am because I'm lost.

3. cschweer

cschweer

log on to the computer's local domain as administrator (not onto the network)

goto

control panel -> HP ProtectTools Security Manager -> Credential Manager

inside there is a check box that says use credential manager to logon .... or something similar to that. uncheck it. hit ok. restart the machine.

try to login again. I did this and it logged right on after I restarted.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/574384

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice