1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Credit Card Discussion: Positive, Advantages, Exploitation, Profit.

Discussion in 'Controversial Topics' started by jonasdatum, Apr 3, 2010.

?

What Type Of Card(s) Do You Use?

1. Low Interest Cards

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. Balance Transfer Cards

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  3. Cash Back Cards

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Frequent Flyer Cards

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. Gas Rewards Cards

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. Business Cards

5 vote(s)
    31.3%
  7. Retail Credit Cards

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  8. Cards for Bad Credit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. PrePaid Cards

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jonasdatum

jonasdatum Thread Starter

Hello. I've been a fare contributor to the following threads:

Tech Support Guy Forums > Community > Random Discussion >
    Credit Card Debt advice
    http://forums.techguy.org/random-discussion/706024-credit-card-debt-advice.html

Tech Support Guy Forums > Community > Random Discussion >
    Money saving tips
    http://forums.techguy.org/random-discussion/534347-money-saving-tips-55.html

I figured we take a poll and discuss the positive side of credit cards. Credit cards are a form of revolving debt. Yes the rules have been changed constantly. However the game is still the same "...buy now, and pay later..." Also those reward programs are lovely and low interest rates. To each their own.

So tell us which cards you use and why?

I'll go first. I prefer cash rewards. I am not doing much traveling and although it is often only 1% - 2%, it is better than nothing back.

2. poochee

poochee

I voted Cash Back because the three cards I have offer cash back, which I don't use. I use the CCs occasionally, and pay when I get the bill. So they get no interest from me. I have a Credit Union card that I prefer to use. I can pay it by transferring money from my checking account with them. Very convenient. That is the only time I pay directly from my checking account.

I also voted Retail, I order from the jewelry channels and other stores occasionally, so I have CCs with those places.

I am not into using any of my CCs on the internet.

Too much identity theft going on.

3. jonasdatum

Identity theft happens online and offline all the time dude. Nothing new about it. Fear valid, but narrow minded. Don't you remember my thread on identity theft?

4. poochee

poochee

I sure do remember. But I prefer to stay on the safe side. Too time consuming digging out of a mess!

5. hewee

hewee

It can get mixed up also buy the credit company's or those you deal with for loans etc.
    Had mine get mixed up when a check was run and they asked if I had a twin and she said no. Right then from the one of the 3 reporting places my bother took over my place and I no longer had a history. Plus it had bad credit. I got it all cleared up and now all is great. It took a long time to get it all cleared up from the one place but the other 2 it took a week. I just got the same info and sent to all 3 along with Driver Lic. and SS card of both of us.
    Got to ask to see if the guy I am working with can run a check on my brother to make sure he does not have anything of mine showing up.

6. poochee

poochee

The credit limit on one of my cards was lowered due to low usage. What gripes me is last year they raised my credit limit without asking my permission.:D

There can be some repercussions, so I am posting this info in case folks aren't aware of what can happen if they are not on the ball about this.

Why Are Credit Card Companies Lowering Your Credit Limits?
    by Connie Brooks

Credit card companies have been on a real limit-lowering streak lately. A few weeks ago we ran an article titled “Your Credit Card Company Could Unexpectedly Lower Your Limit.” At the time, I had no idea that this article would touch such a nerve, or that the practice of decreasing credit limits was becoming so widespread.

http://www.askmrcreditcard.com/cred...t-card-companies-lowering-your-credit-limits/

AND

Consumer complaints:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/credit_cards/chase_credit_cards.html

7. Stoner

Stoner Banned

There are two 'retail credit card' options.
    I only voted for the first on the list.

8. hewee

hewee

Funny I was told to use my J C Pennys card to buy something for about $25.00 and then make payments on it so it will give me a better score and I can get a cheaper home loan rate. Was told I could pay that card off in 3 payments. The Penny's card is also a MasterCard but I only used it maybe once a year and paid it off when the bill came. It is a backup card that has a lower limit but not all places will take the American Express card. I had a Macy's that was the same but a Visa card but used it even less and I forgot to call in to that number you have to call so you can start using the card so they closed that account and I did not know. Was back at the time I had the heart attack so I just put the card away and never called. You think they would of mailed me again asking or saying something but they just closed the account.
    I was told not to open it again right now and to not close any accounts and keep all as they are now and just use the Penny's card so it shows some payments over time even the short $25.00 over 3 months is a good thing. Seems dumb to me but I guess they look at it other ways.

9. poochee

poochee

Seems like everything to do with CCs is some kind of game.:rolleyes: All they want to do is suck as much money out of you that they can. (Interest) They aren't getting any from me.

10. hewee

hewee

Everyone wants your money.

When Christ returns this will all stop. All will have more money and have there own home that they will at most only pay what it cost and that should only take a couple years and there will be no taxes on it year after year and the price will not go up and up either. Workers will all get paid good and the boss will not make all the money like they do today from the workers.
    Look at all the money that will be saved when you pay no interest. no war, no crooks taking your money from the many ways it is done today from the banker, loans and years of interest that make the rich richer. No waste on so many things and everyone will have more money, Good health so no need to doctors so more money saved. No rot so things last longer and what we get will be made the best it can be made so no junk that breaks down so you have to keep buying it again and again so less waste on so many things.

Gods Government will rule the whole world and there will be ever last peace. All the food will be really good food too and I can't wait. :) You know it will be all truly Organic food too and that right there will help to make your health better because your eating the right foods.

11. poochee

poochee

Amen!

12. jonasdatum

Sorry for the typo for on the poll guys? If I could fix it I would, but I can't :(

13. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    I just removed the second one. :)

14. jonasdatum

I like the quote in your profile.

15. Wino

Wino

Visa just hit me with a 2% transaction fee on a purchase in US dollars for an offshore company that has a rep in the USA. This is a 'new' fee, as I've done business with the same company for several years with no penalty. This was NOT a foreign currency exchange. In any case, I'll no longer use VISA for any online transactions, whereas it has been my main online card for years. Screw me once, shame on you; screw me twice, shame on me. Guess they figured out a way to finally get some extra money out of me since I pay off every month well ahead of due date.:(

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914526

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice