1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Critical error lead to problems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Meditate, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meditate

Meditate Thread Starter

Didn't get time to read the error at the time.. anyways.. I was playing WoW (world of warcraft) some don't know I'm certain... So while playing My screen went rather insane and glitchy and the sound went a bit outa hand and sounded as if a machine gun had gone off.. Then the screen went blue and informed of a critical error.. I turned off my laptop and restarted it and did a repair. It did not work. Laptop will not start up It gets to a black screen with the usual print for starting up in safemode. but theres a new choice saying restart in last known good configuration I click that and it starts gets to the screen that is black with HP Logo and a Loading bar Then freezes up and the screen gets glitchy again. so i restart.. the black screen also has a few lines at top that say I need to REpair vista with a install disk (which I do not have)
    Just an hour ago I turned laptop on and Click f10 and went to the setup menu. and went to the diagnostic section and am running the harddisk Diagnostic. and I was wondering if someone might be able to tell me what happened and how to fix it.. if it's fixable and everything within.

the diagnostic came up as a pass... which means ... well I have no idea.

I do know it wasn't a virus.. the error said there was problem with Windows Vista itself.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!