1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Critical Patch- Unchecked Buffer in Windows

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by angelize56, Oct 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts Thread Starter

Who should read this bulletin:

Customers using Microsoft® Windows® 98, Windows Me, Windows NT® 4.0, Windows 2000, or Windows XP.

Impact of vulnerability: Attacker could gain control over user’s system.

Maximum Severity Rating: Critical

Recommendation: Customers should install the patch immediately.

Affected Software:

Microsoft Windows 98
    Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
    Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
    Microsoft Windows NT 4.0
    Microsoft Windows NT 4.0, Terminal Server Edition
    Microsoft Windows 2000
    Microsoft Windows XP

Read about it <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-055.asp"> here</a>.

2. Sponsor

3. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Guest

Hello Angel,

I expect it's just me, but I can never find the exact location from where to download the patch/fix. I read the bulletins (as I have the one you posted here) but then don't seem able to find the actual download.

Help!!!

Many thanks,
    T2:)

4. vpn

vpn

download link is on the pages above for the specific operating systems listed...

5. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Guest

Hello there,

Thanks vpn. I've downloaded the patch. I've been having trouble accessing Windows Update from Windows Start option, get a blank page with "done but with errors on the page" at the bottom and have not been able to use it for some time. Had heard there was a problem with the site.

6. hewee

hewee

Tuppence2,

The Windows Update should open I.E. Penny. You use Netscape but it should oprn I.E. still.

7. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Guest

Hello hewee,

I will try the Update site again later, thanks. But for over a month now, each time I access it, I get a blank page with a message "Done, but with errors on page". Nothing I have tried gets me through to the site. Are you able to open it? I have tried reloading Windows and all sorts of things, but it's not working. I will also try it with other browsers.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/98615

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice