1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Critical Process died repair loop

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by mariners, Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mariners

mariners Thread Starter

Hi all,

I've been having problems recently with my laptop (Samsung 7 series) freezing. I then get a pop up saying "windows has stopped working", and it either unfreeze after a few minutes or I need to force close it.

This happened again yesterday, and wouldn't unfreeze so I force turned it off. Upon restarting, I got a BSOD with the message "critical_process_died", and the laptop restarted itself, only to BSOD again. Now when I turn it on it goes straight into disk repair for C:, saying it is scanning for and repairing errors. However, even after running overnight it never progressed beyond 9% on this, and now I cannot exit the loop without force closing the laptop - but when I reboot it goes straight back into disk checking.

Obviously I have no clue what has caused this. A recent AVG scan was clean, and I cannot recall an update that happened yesterday. Unfortunately. Unfortunately I cannot load up the laptop to even check anything. Hopefully this is a software issue and I can get it fixed at a tech store, but I'm worried it could be a hardware problem (Internet suggested there was some memory corruption?). Any help would be very much appreciated, I'm a bit panicked about it as I rely on my laptop for all my work!

Thanks in advance..

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1164669

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice