1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Critical process died

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by jakobcoffelt, Mar 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jakobcoffelt

jakobcoffelt Thread Starter

Hello
    My computer has recently been restarting constantly with the BSOD and I have tried running an antivirus, running HeavyLoad diagnostic. Whenever I try to use an application on my computer things get abnormally slow and it eventually gives me the error code shown below.

The heavy load showed nothing but high cpu usage. Antivirus didn't help. Also the SFC doesn't open now. I don't know if that is related. My computer is an MSI stealth pro. And I am on Windows 10 operating system.
    Help please!!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

The error message said to insert your Windows DVD and do Repair. So do that. If you don't have a Windows DVD, you can download the MS Media Creation Tool and it can generate a Windows DVD/USB memory stick.

3. jakobcoffelt

Hey. I don't have a CD drive. Also I cant download anything because my computer restarts about every 30-45 seconds

4. jakobcoffelt

For some reason the computer only restarts when I attempt to use any of my applications. For example it stays on fine until I open and use chrome or open my file explorer and start using it.
    If I just let the computer sit and font touch anything it appears to be fine. But when I use anything it restarts with the same error.

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

You would need to give someone a USB memory stick, and ask them to download and run MS Media Creation Tool. That will generate the Windows Setup files to the stick. Be aware that the stick will be completely erased and replaced with the Windows Setup files. A 64GB memory stick is around $16.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224464

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice