1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Critical Service Error BSoD Loop

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Mark-Young, Aug 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark-Young

Mark-Young Thread Starter

I've stated several times my hatred for Windows 10 Creators update, and now it's killed my laptop. I am in full panic mode.

Once again, Windows 10 Creators forced update loomed it's ugly head and demanded that it either Restart immediately or it would do so in 2 days. So I picked now to get it over with. I browsed a little, it's still unacceptably unusable, so like the past 6 times, I opted to "Revert to Previous Version of Windows".

But this time in one of the restart processes, I got a Critical_Service_Failed error. It Restarted and brought me to the first BSOD I've seen on my machine since before Windows 10. It said it was going to run the Automatic Repair or see more options.

Automatic Repair failed. I tired 3 more times but it just looped back.

Tried System Restore. I'm horrified to be greeted by an error saying there were zero restore points!

Tried System Image Recovery, but again, another error stating there was no image to fall back on!

I go over to Reset options and selected to "Keep My Files". 67% of the way, it stopped and brought me back to the BSoD loop!

I tried running Safe Mode, and Safe Mode with Networking but that failed as well and brought me back to the BSoD loop again!

I haven't yet looked at Startup Settings for "Change Windows startup behavior". I could try launching Command Prompt but I'm not *that* tech savvy, I wouldn't know what to check.

I'd rather lose my left leg and right arm than wipe everything clean. A few questions.

1. Is there anything in Command Prompt (assuming it launches) that I could type to check if I've already lost everything? Or something in Command Prompt that might help me get back to functioning Windows?

2. Is it possible at this point for a tech place to save any data at least to an external?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1215190

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice