1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crooked Image on Laptop Monitor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by andreag, Sep 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andreag

andreag Thread Starter

I tripped on a cord connected to my Toshiba Satellite 1800-S204 laptop tonight and it fell onto the carpeted floor from a table about 1.5 feet off the ground. Not too high up, but bad enough. The computer was still running and appeared to be fine, but upon closer inspection I noticed that the image on the screen is now slightly crooked, turned a tiny bit counterclockwise. It's the kind of thing easily fixed on a desktop monitor, but this is a laptop monitor and no such adjustments can be made. It doesn't really interfere with my work, only that the top right corner of any maximized window, where the minimize, maximize, and close buttons are, is halfway off the screen. It's more of an irritation than anything, and will continue to be one whenever I decide to watch DVDs. Is this a serious problem? How can I get it fixed? Thanks.

Andrea

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

This is a mechanical issue, the LCD display has moved behind the bezel. The only way to fix it is to take the display section apart, probably not a job you want to tackle. It can be fixed, but I have no idea what the cost might be...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/162397

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice