1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crooked Printing?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Firering, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Firering

Firering Thread Starter

:mad: this is really getting on my nerves... but i have an old deskjet 812c that i have found to be a great old printer and it has done its job until recently...

i was printing a doc. for school and although every word was on the page and everything was inorder, the print came out crooked.

now i reprinted thinking that maybe the paper was getting caught and then printing, that wasnt the case. then i tried unloading the paper and then reloading new sheets, that didnt work.

finally i unloaded and reloaded the software and got some updates. nothing has worked for this printer to print a full page totally lined up and neat for presentation to my instructors... has anyone had this problem and gotten it fixed? what can i do to get this problem straightened out without going into a repair shop? :confused:

2. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Check to make sure the paper guides are tight on the sides of the paper first.

3. Firering

Firering Thread Starter

yeah everything is tight... i checked that earlier then just now to make sure upon ur post... is there anything else anyone can think of?

4. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

If the printing is crooked on the page (side margins not parallel with the paper edge) then its a mechanical problem and not a software one.

Either the paper is feeding crooked or the printer head transport bar is mis-aligned/broken.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273302

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice