1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

cropping in Elements

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by gooley, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gooley

gooley Thread Starter

Looking to crop photos in Elements to use in DVD slideshow. Would like the images to all be same size when played so have been selecting "front Image" which I believe keeps the cropped photo the same size. My worry is that when you select "front image" that it shows the resolution as 72. Will this affect the image quality? (hope its not a really stupid question) The shots are jpeg from a 10D set at Large. If so whats the best way to crop, fill slideshow screen, and retain highest image quality? Thanks

2. buck52

buck52 Banned

Whatever you do save a copy of the originals to a separate folder before you do anything...

Not familiar with Elements...

I have Photoshop but would still use Irfanview to do the job of batch resizing and quality/compression control...

You ,in the end, will have to make the decision between quality and size

buck

3. gooley

gooley Thread Starter

Ya, finally figured out after reading some posts that the photos will "degrade" the more you adjust them. Elements 2.0 is photoshop only a poor mans version. The photos are 3072x2048 to start and I guess I was more concerned with the "front image" aspect. I have seen alot of posts w/ Irfanview, but I've got more photo software programs than I could learn about in 10 years already.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!