1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Cross platform (OSX<-->XP) printing?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Spiker611, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spiker611

Spiker611 Thread Starter

Ive got a windows XP sp2 machine and a mac OSX (10.2 i think) connected through a D-LINK router via cat5 cable. I also have a server (windows 2000 advanced server edition) connected.

I have an EPSON Stylus CX5400 printer (printer/scanner/copier) hooked up to my XP machine via USB.

I am at a loss on how to be able to print from the macintosh to my printer, when my computer is on of course.

On my server I have PCMACLAN installed with appletalk protocols and stuff, and I am able to print from there to my printer.

If there isnt a way to directly connect to my printer from the mac, is there a way to connect via appletalk or something on the server and then have it forword the "message" over to my computer to print.

I dont NEED the scanner funcionality on the mac, though it would nice, if theres a way (which I doubt).

I would also like to stay away from print servers.. not in the mood for spending money and I would loose some funcionality.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. Spiker611

Spiker611 Thread Starter

I know its not all that cool to "*bump*"
    but I am stumped, and this thread is already on the 4th page :-/

Any help is very appreciated, please!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice