1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crossfire concept with either x1300 or x1600

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by chaosfusin, Aug 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaosfusin

chaosfusin Thread Starter

Hmmm quick question.

I want to make a quick move to crossfire got a board laying around and can't decide whether to use the x1300pro or the x1600pro or 1600xt already looked at x1300 and the clock speed is a joke x1300pro is a bit more interesting but x1600 gets the extra pipes. It's a tough call. Since I only have 200 to put down on it.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Do yourself a favor and just buy one 1800xt like this one you will have a lot fewer problems and will save some money over two 1600xts.

IMO crossfire / sli is just a gimmick to sell more video cards. The technology is not new; it has been around since the late 90s. Ever hear of the voodoo 5?

3. chaosfusin

chaosfusin Thread Starter

yea its old school. Still in retrospect its a personal preference whether or not to take the single or multi gpu path. I mean I could throw down 170 and get a 7600GT and roll with that for god knows how long. Besides really wanted to see where this is going between ATI and nvidia or for god sakes maybe 10 years from now when we use 8 gpu's for video power or something insanely crazy like utilizing onboard with a single gpu to produce sli or crossfire :p

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488835

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice