1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crossfire / Quad Core Mobo

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WhiskeyJoe, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiskeyJoe

WhiskeyJoe Thread Starter

Hello. I just got burned for purchacing a cheap mobo. It was DoA. I am not able to return it, so i'm just saying **** it, and i'm buying a new one.

This time i'm willing to spend up to $300. I want a motherboard capable of crossfire with two HD4870 radeons. It should also have the socket 775 for an intel q6600 quad.

Any suggestions? Again, nothing over 300 please.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Here's a good one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128331

Based on the Intel x48 chipset with 1600Mhz FSB support, 1200Mhz DDR2 support, 2 x PCI-Express 2.0 x16 slots for full CrossFire support, and lots of features and options. You also get high quality capacitors and power regulation on this board.

Normally I would recommend a Asus mainboard but a lot of people are experiencing qaulity issues with Asus motherboards, my last three were great if you don't like Gigabyte boards.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!