Crossfire runs worse

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

data101

I recently realized that I didn't have crossfire turned on in my ATI "catalyst control centre" so I checked the box to turn it on. After that Call of Duty 4 stopped running properly. It ran really really slow. Fearing that I had screwed something up royally I went back into the ATI settings and unchecked the Crossfire box hoping that things would go back to normal. They didn't. It still runs terribly. It's completely unplayable but all of my other games work like Hitman: Blood Money and Age of Empires III. It's only Call of Duty 4 that is affected.

On another forum someone suggested that I needed a bridge for my two cards. I searched Google and found nothing. Does it need a bridge? (It didn't come with one). They also suggested that I take one of the cards out and test them both independently to see if one of them is faulty.

Anyone know what's up?

My specs.

AMD Athlon Dual Core 2.0 Ghz
1 GB DDR 2 RAM
Azus M2R32-MVP
Western Digital 80 GB SATA
(2) ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 512 MB

leroys1000

Banned
Check the menu in game and see if there is a detect hardware selection.
It may have hardware dection and the configuration changed but
the game files have not.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online