1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

crowded desktop

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by papa04, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. papa04

papa04 Thread Starter

how would I take all my game icons on the desktop and put them under one icon on the desktop so that I can see the background picture of my grandchildren? I am using win. 7 64 bit.

2. John Bull

John Bull Banned

RT. click the desktop. Panel comes up, put cursor on NEW, second panel comes up, click FOLDER. a new folder comes up on your desktop. RT. click it and RENAME to what you want to call it.

Drag your new folder to a chosen location, then DRAG (LT. mouse click held down) every one of the icons you are talking about and DROP them in it. All you do then when you want any of the items, is to LT. click the new folder, all the icons will then be displayed, LT. click the one you want and it will open. Off you go.

You can create as many new folders as you like in this way to store collective desktop icons.

John

3. Lozzy-loz

Lozzy-loz

Thats an easy one.Create a new folder call it say "games" and drag all your game icons into it.Just right click on desktop take option new then folder and all should be well.

4. papa04

papa04 Thread Starter

thanks John & Lozzy. that was quick and my wife will now enjoy seeing the kids when she turns on the computer. works great!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977554

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice