1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Crucial] 'Random' Disconnections from Games.

Discussion in 'Games' started by JoshRex, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoshRex

JoshRex Thread Starter

As the title says, I have been experiencing random disconnections from ONLINE MULTIPLAYER GAMES such as:
    League of Legends
    APB Reloaded
    Heroes of Newerth
    Just to name a few.
    So, this are some ways/things i did TRY to fix but unfortunately, failed.
    I on-ed a video on youtube while i was testing my lag/connection on League of Legends. When i enter the game, constantly from about 2-4mins, I would get the 'Attempting to Reconnect' -It won't work when i wait for it to reconnect, i would have to manually reconnect the game myself- And then, i would check the Youtube video which was still buffering (The song was still going on without problems) This happened to ALL my Online Multiplayer Games too. 2-4mins and disconnect/attempting to reconnect.
    I read MANY forums/threads about:
    restarting the router/modem,
    Uninstalling Pando Media Booster (I have uninstalled mine)
    Running a Virus check (I have ran a FULL check but only found and deleted PUP-Potential unwanted programs)
    Disabling firewalls (i have disabled ALL my firewalls, including :Modem/router/anti-virus/windows)
    AT THE ROUTER PAGE (my router : Dlink-615) Yes i Live in Singapore
    I also tried port-forwarding the ports which were used in each game but didn't work..
    I tried changing the security settings from WEP/WPA to None but too, it didn't work out.
    It has been almost a week since this problem came up.
    I won't be stopping on finding fixes.
    Oh yes.. this might really help,
    So, one day, i tried downloading a game on my other computer, (Wireless with adapter, same as my computer) and see if it was also happening to it. surprisingly, Only my computer (the one with issues) has problems with the games, but the other one does not.
    Could it be my adapter problem? My Network Card problem? Or my ISP (although the other computer is working just fine)?
    And i am affirmative that it wasn't caused by lag spikes as it doesn't occur much when my computer was previously normal.
    And also, it could be the 'lost of packets' or something like that? From what i understand from some other forums.
    Details of my Computer after running some tests:
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8171 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 476833 MB, Free - 228229 MB; D: Total - 476931 MB, Free - 464782 MB;
    Motherboard: Intel Corporation, DH67GD
    Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

SPEED TEST: Ping:10ms Download speed: 12.36mbps Upload Speed: 1.08mbps

I sincerely hope Tech Support Guy would quickly reply and help me fix this issue, together with me of course!
    thank you for your time to read and reply to this thread!:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083095

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice