1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

CryptoPrevent as an alternative for SRP via GPO on Workgroup

Discussion in 'General Security' started by openmind1188, Mar 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. openmind1188

openmind1188 Thread Starter

Hello All,

Due to huge raise of ransomware virus, I want to add one more layer to computers at our office which are in Workgroup network. As we are not in Domain, I cannot apply Software Restriction Policies Blacklisting/whitelisting applications, so I am searching for easy approach and I found CryptoPrevent as a free software which does things similar to SRP.

Does someone using it ? how's it effective ?

Because we have 40+ workgroup computers and I don't want to mess with Local Group Policies with each pc and I feel CryptoPrevent kind of software will be easier, but for sure, it should be effective !!

Thanks for reply !!

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1186823

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice