Cryptowall 3.0 on Windows 7

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PixyComp

Windows 7 ASUS desktop infected with Cryptowall 3.0. ASUS will not supply me with a System Repair Disk.

Sorry if silly or misguided question but is this a feasible option (not to recover encrypted documents, but simply to start fresh with an uninfected computer)??:

- On infected Windows 7 computer, upgrade to Windows 10 (I still have internet access).
- Once the upgrade is complete, use the Windows 10 built-in options to repair the MBR and write zeros to the drive.
- On a separate, clean Windows 10 computer create a Windows 10 installation USB and use that to format the entire drive and clean-install Windows 10.

Good option or a fools errand?

I think you just need to re-install Windows (whichever version ) using custom install and delete all the partitions. Then this will create a clean copy of windows.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online