1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crysis and 8600GT

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Cildaten, Mar 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cildaten

Cildaten Thread Starter

Well, its not really a huge upgrade or anything from what I have my but 2nd comp needs a new video card. I'd thought I'd just buy a new one for mine and give my current one to the second comp.
    Any who, Ive played in the Crysis beta with my current 8500GT (OC'd to 675 Core Clock, 500 memory clock DDR2 256mb) believe it or not, with low/medium settings and 1024x768 Resolution with around 20ish FPS. It wasn't skipping or lagging. I could play it fine.
    I already purchased a 8600GT (680 Core Clock, 1600 memory clock GDDR3 256mb) and is on its way for my current computer. Was on sale at newegg. I'm not a Maxed Out Settings/Resolution Junkie so I'm not looking for an expensive card.
    Question is, will there be a noticeable difference between my old 8500 and new 8600? (Don't give me any, "You should buy this xxxx card"., Advice.)
    I'm not to worried about the settings. I just want 1280x1024 resolution without any problems.
    I guess I could answer this question myself when it gets here, but I'd like your guy's opinion first.

-Thanks.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    It should be a little faster but don't expect to get High settings at 1280x1024, I think Medium is the best you'll get at a playable frame rate and even that may be pushing it.

3. stormie2000

stormie2000

I was going to do same and buy a 8600, instead I saw 8800gs almost same price at newegg ^_^.

Yea your gt is a big improvement i say above 8500, 100% improve, so if you only got 10fps at 1024-768 , you gt would pull double at least 20-25. Should be able to get max settings with 8600gt at 1024, id be happy with that. I usually play that or 1280-1024, im not to much of graphic junkie either, just wanna play it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698292

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice