1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

crysis blue screen of death

Discussion in 'Games' started by natedogg319, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. natedogg319

natedogg319 Thread Starter

so i installed the crysis single player demo, and went through it all the way until its done loading the level and says hit any key to continue, so i do, and it thinks and then goes to blue screen. the blue screen says "the driver is in an infinite loop" and to check for updated drivers, and ive already done that, i have an 8800gts and i have the latest nvidia drivers, any help would be great, thanks!!!

WinXP sp2 MCE2005, asus m2n-e, amd athlon64X2 4800+, EVGA nvidia 8800gts 320MB, 2 x 1 gig OCZ ram, 160 gig maxtor, 200 gig maxtor (both ide)

2. tom6049

tom6049

I didn't have any problems with Crysis on my EVGA e-GeForce 8800.
    I'm using the NVIDIA ForceWare Release BETA 169.01 drivers.
    # Beta driver for GeForce FX, 6, 7, and 8 series GPUs.
    # Recommended driver for Crysis single player game demo.
    # Several game and application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, features, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.

3. natedogg319

ah thanks i thought the latest drivers and that were like the same thing, im trying it out now

4. natedogg319

so i installed that forceware and now my screen resolution is 640x480 and 4 bit quality. and i cant change any settings about that.. any help please?

5. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Have you try reinstall the game? Make sure everything is deleted.

6. tom6049

tom6049

It sounds like the drivers didn't install properly
    I would go to Add or Remove Programs and then remove the NVIDIA drivers.
    BEFORE YOU RESTART, delete the entire folder where they were placed.
    C:\NVIDIA\Win2KXP\169.01\English

Restart and then install the drivers again.
    p.s.
    After the computer has restarted, you should get a message that a new device has
    been found and Windows will prompt you to install drivers....just cancel out of that.
    It will be taken care of when you install the drivers.

7. iMPACT

iMPACT

so i just got the demo. everything installs i can start it and so on but when i play the graphics load only like 20% if the stuff. theres the HUD, some of the enviroment(just grass), and hollow stuff( in the cutscene i only see eye balls) and everything else is black just black. i just got the latest WHQL driver from nvidia. i could play all those other new games, unreal tounament 3, call of duty 4 , world in conflict)

8. renegade X

renegade X

I had the same exact problem and determined it was one of my sticks of RAM. I have to use identical RAM for slots 1+3, and 2+4. I had one mismatched and everything but Crysis liked it. :eek:

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice