Crysis? Worst game ever

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gulo Luseus

Yup, thats what it says, worst game ever. I have been trying to run it successfully, and you know what? It wont. I get to a certain stage- aircraft carrier- and it drops the framerate so long i need a calender to follow it. Thats with everything off, on low, and 800x600. Sorry, but if you produce a game, make it run! Its not my computer, that much I do know, so it boild down to a game thats too highly strung. I am happy that there are options, but this is just a joke. So, worst game ever? Yup, far and away. Think minesweeper is looking good now. If this is the way things are going, then I have no interest at all. Lots of peeps will disagree, but try it before you get carried away. And yes, I have been running on medium settings happily until now.

Mmm, what drivers are you using the 169.09 version?

The only reason I ask is I have a similar set up ... 2 gigs of ram less and less a 8800gts ..but kinda similar:)

I had everything to high but the shadows at medium at 1280x1024..the fps at that stage wasn't great about 20-25 but still playable.

But I didn't think it was the best game ever or anything and haven't gone near it again once I finished it.

There is supposedly a patch coming soon to help ppl with sli and other issues (what about proper quad support for a start...the UT3 demo uses the 4 cores better than this).

Nvidia are releasing proper drivers soon too.... the 169.09 are beta.

A glitch doesn't make it the worst game ever. Your installation is probably corrupt, so when it tries to read data from that specific part, it's just reading faulty information. Try a reinstallation.

Lol, why would you say it's a worst game?:rolleyes: ;) Is it just because the frame rates are slow?:eek: Or is it because you can't play online because of "Server Authorization Failed?"

I like Crysis, its the best game and its better than Halo 3, its my opinion.;)

Gulo Luseus

I dont plat online, dont have the time for it. I say worst, because if you get a good rig, you should be able to run a high spec. With Crysis, thats not the case. What is the point making it so heavy?
There is no corruption either. Tony, cheers for the link, I went to 169.12, the frame rate picked up a treat. Shame that new drivers had to be released for it though. However, I still feel its not the game it should be.Apart from anything else, dang me its short!!! 4 nights and finished. It does have a lot going for it, but just not enough there.

Gulo Luseus said:
I have been trying to run it successfully, and you know what? It wont.
I agree. Crysis looks a little better than Half-Life 2 Lost Coast, but runs a LOT slower.

Gulo Luseus

On the bright side Jason, console yourself with the thought that mine only runs at medium. With settings like this who needs masochism?

Mines can run it on high settings with shaders and shadows low and I get 25 fps average.

I don't plan on getting Crysis, but if it was made in any way similar to FarCry, then it's really only there to show off their engine. They probably weren't planning on making a great game to play, just a good engine that they could sell to other game developers. That's how Doom 3 and FarCry were, most of the emphasis is put on developing the engine, not the gameplay.

And I agree that you shouldn't need to get drivers every time a game is released. Drivers have too many optimizations for specific applications, they should just be there, and the game should be designed with the drivers that are already available.

McTimson said:
I don't plan on getting Crysis, but if it was made in any way similar to FarCry, then it's really only there to show off their engine. They probably weren't planning on making a great game to play, just a good engine that they could sell to other game developers. That's how Doom 3 and FarCry were, most of the emphasis is put on developing the engine, not the gameplay.

And I agree that you shouldn't need to get drivers every time a game is released. Drivers have too many optimizations for specific applications, they should just be there, and the game should be designed with the drivers that are already available.
That is very true, the Cry engine 2 is excellent, Crysis is just average.

The game doesn't suck just because your computer cant run it. Its probably one of the best games out today.

Considering your hardware Gulo, thats laughable... I can run it at medium settings and my PC is mediochre.

Beautiful game though, shame the price behind it just isnt worth the gameplay.

Anyone know when the proper non beta drivers are coming out...169.09 make my Oblivion grass all white sparkley and annoying:(

And where is the patch for Crysis....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online