Crysis

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

avengeda7x

Hey was wondering if my system is able to play crysis on high mode when it comes out.?

2Gig 800MHz corsair ram
core-2-duo e6600
2 x BFG 8600GTS OC in sli

..?

Your rig will barely run crysis on High Settings.
My 7900 w/o sLI only can go to meduim settings.

PEP

Banned
okok people ... can crysis be THAT demanding??? i mean comone.. some nice graphics yea... physics... ok... but come on?? He got one heck of a system!!!

beats the **** out of mine... for the present at least MUAHAHAHA!!!

For being as demanding as it is, it has surprisingly mild requirements. My sad little 3 year-old machine won't run Bioshock or Airborne at all (I don't have Shader 3.0), but Crysis on Medium settings (some on high) looks and runs great! I was shocked; of the newest crop of next-gen games, Crysis was the one I was certain I wouldn't be able to play.

I have a slower system, only 1 8600GTS and an e4300, and I was able to play the Crysis demo on medium settings pretty well. With 2 8600's and a quad core, you should be fine. From what I've heard, the demo didn't take advantage of dual cores, but the actual game release will have the proper optimizations for dual and quad core systems.

Oh, and the reason Crysis also runs well on older systems is that it's a new engine being built on the PC, not on a console. Bioshock was released on the 360, and so it was just ported to the PC with less optimizations than it could have been ported with. If it were originally created for the PC, it would be able to run on much slower systems than it requires, it's the same reason why the Source engine works on so many different levels of machines.

halo 1 pwns halo3!!!

and yeh crysis will deffinatly run on lower spec machines as well as higher specs...jus not as pretty...

I run Crysis on all highs, with shaders and shadows on low, so i have nice textures and physics but i have no nice shader effects. I run 1024x768 and get 30-40 fps. Darn fun game by the way :-D

Hey guys i am wondering how would my gaming rig go.. running Crysis on all high settings?

- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @ 3.4GHz per core
- Memory: 2GB Corsair DDR2 1GHz
- Video Card: Nvidia 8600GT

v true...my gf runs it fine on a lower spec machine...and it looks fine with medium settings...almost comparable to call of duty 4 on the optimum

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts