1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crystal chart scaling problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Gram123, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gram123

Gram123 Thread Starter

Hello,
    I'm just learning Crystal Reports at work and have adopted some reports from another site. We're starting to use Crystal in conjunction with our site's "company-specific" database (i.e. it's programmed from the ground up using SQL and such, and is not out-of-the-box).

One of the Crystal reports shows staff working in different areas or departments.
    It has a bar chart at the top of the page and details below.

In testing, I got 4 people to clock in to their departments, but the scale on the y-axis is showing incorrectly and I can't find where to fix the interval.
    1 member of staff was in department A, 2 were in department B and 1 was in department C.
    However, the numbers on the y-axis looked like this:

The bars for staff in departments A and C reached about halfway between the two "1"s, but the bar for staff in department B met the line of the upper "2".
    I changed the scale to show 1 decimal place and found that the numbers on the y-axis then looked like this:

So it's no wonder that the bars of departments A and C were between the 0.8 and 1.2 gridlines.

So, how do I change the interval from 0.4 to 1? This is a count of staff and there will never be 0.4 of a person!

Thanks

Gram

2. Gram123

Gram123 Thread Starter

Any ideas??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328628

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice