1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Crystal Disc Info problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mungodaisy, Oct 26, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. mungodaisy

mungodaisy Thread Starter

I have installed Crystal Disc Info onto my PC with no problems (Windows 10 up to date).
    I have also tried to install it on my wife's PC (also Windows 10 up to date), and whilst it installs there is no sign of it! It loads but no screen for the program appears.
    I know it loads because I cannot uninstall it as it says that the program is open so please close it. It also appears in the Task Manager.
    I have to restart the PC and then it will uninstall.
    Any suggestions as to what is causing this?

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  3. mungodaisy

Sorry for the delay in replying.
    Firstly the Task Manager just doesn't end the task. The "End Task" just seems to be ignored. (I can however end other tasks).
    Meanwhile, the program is clearly running, but there is no actual sign of it.
    The only way to uninstall it is by restarting Windows and then uninstalling!!!
    Hope you can help.

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Then that's what you'll have to do.

5. mungodaisy

That's not really the problem.
    The question is "why is the application not working after it's installed?" It installs Ok and loads as I can see it in Task manager, but it doesn't appear so I can't access it or close it.

6. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    I would guess that it's trying to start, but is not actually running, thus you see no output. That would also explain why Task Manager can't close it. It's hung while trying to start. First thought, would be a conflict with another software, possibly AV or something similar.

Just because both computers are "Windows 10 and up to date", does not mean that they are completely identical. Something is running on the second computer which is affecting Crystal Disc.

It could also be a hardware issue, such as a USB device/storage or drive issue.

7. mungodaisy

Sorry for the long delay, but I have been away.

I have tried running in Safe Mode, I have tried with Kaspersky stopped and there are no external USB devices attached apart from the WiFi dongle. The problem will not go away though.

8. TOGG

TOGG

9. mungodaisy

I have the 8.3.2 version, but it has not helped.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234806

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice